Friday, October 9, 2009

Death of the Endless Kitbash


I have a great appreciation for well written comics. One of my favorite is Neil Gaiman's Sandman. I decided to come up with my own custom Death figure in 1/6 scale.


The body is a Volks doll painted white. I also used various clothing from other figures that I had for the boots, pants and shirt. I found the Ankh at a bead store.


Here is her profile. Although Death's appearance changes slightly from chapter to chapter of the Sandman. It also changes depending on what time period she appears in. I tried to be as true to the comic as I could.


Here I have posed to the figure as if she were saying, "Take my hand."


My plans are to kit bash or customize a figure of Delirium. I think it would be great to someday have figures of all of the Endless in this scale.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks! I really enjoyed making her. Check back again soon for more of the Endless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi! i'm also a big fan of gaiman's sandman and i think you did a great job in creating death... she's beautiful just like in the comics... i hope you can do the rest of the family of the endless... good luck =)

    ReplyDelete