Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Mythology, Art and Micros

When I was young, I always used to check out mythology books from the library. I was fascinated by the stories. When I discovered Micronauts, I used to name my Pharoids after the Egyptian Gods.


I created this custom a few years back. It represents the Egyptian God Set. This god killed his brother Osiris and scattered his body parts over Egypt. He is represented with the head of an ass. I thought that the modified centaurus head would do for this figure.


I created this mask of Anubis a few years back. It is shown here on a Microman figure that I customized by switching parts to get the colors I wanted. The mask is made from Sculpy and has been cured in an oven to set the shape. Then it was painted with red and gold paint. It fits over the action figure's head and rests on the shoulders.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, When I was a kid I have my Pharoid, the vermillion one. Like you since then, it influenced my art work too
    I have to say again, Beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the compliments. I will always be intrigued by Egyptian mythology.

    ReplyDelete