Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Thoughts on Customs and Blind Box Toys

I have been trying to work on some ideas for my own toy line. I always have to be working on several projects at once when I work on my own stuff. I sometimes need to stop what I'm working on and step away so that I can go back with a fresh view. I can only do this by taking my focus away for a little while. It's like painting or drawing. Sometimes as an artist, one needs to stop and step back to view the artwork from a different vantage point. That way he or she can see some areas that need work that may not be noticed when he or she is working on that art piece.

Right now, it has been hard to get motivated and work on my own sculpts. It is much easier to practice technique my building customs of characters that I already know. It is much harder to come up with my own characters and designs. I'd like to do this so that I can develop my own line of blind box toys.

It would be a dream for me to work with toys. I also wouldn't mind building models and dioramas of buildings and architecture. I feel that I have the technical skills for this. I have been sculpting and painting for many years. I just need to get my thoughts in order to come up with some original designs.

2 comments:

  1. I can see you are putting much effort in what you are doing. Don't give up. Keep doing it. You will find your breakthru soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't give it up. I love using toys to some up with my own creations. I think that it is always important to create and to be creative.

    ReplyDelete